Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy May Day


Happy May Day Everyone,  Survived a big windstorm here in Orange Beach, otherwise the weather is beautiful.  I'm working 5 nights a week here on the Alabama Gulf Coast, At the Perdido Beach Resort.  My Vancouver and Northern California friends wonder why I would move south after 40 years on the west coast.  I miss California, but after the housing and cost of Living increases in the last decade, I've been forced out of the market.
I came down to the Gulf 2 years ago, and did a few gigs, and was offered a full time position with benefits.  My Wife Maria and I were married in October 2015, and she now has her Green Card.  Maria was born in Spain, but lived 36 years in Germany.  We met in Germany on one of my great Long John Baldry Tours in 1997.

In addition to my solo piano gig at the Perdido Beach resort,  I'm working in my home recording studio, finishing tracks for my new CD
I have many long term clients, where I do an array of musical services

One of my favorite recent projects was writing the music and arranging a production of Original lyrics by RG Davidson, a great lyricist that I met on a website called "Airgigs"
I have become much more selective of the clients I work with, and I was very impressed with Mr Davidson's lyric.  This song we collaborated on comes from a comment his father made to him shortly before he passed away. 
"It was during one of our last visits together that he asked me to take him to a nearby clinic as he was experiencing severe pain. The nurse helped him into bed and then left while I sat nearby unsuccessfully trying to appear cheerful. A moment later I looked up and found him staring at me rather sadly. I said nothing but it was clear we were both contemplating the inevitable. After a short pause he said, “Don’t mourn for me, Bob”.
the Track is available for download and purchase on this link

lyric



I'm currently working on another song with Bob, called "It's for the Best"
I'm also doing a solo piano saxophone gig at the Fish River Grill in Gulf Shores
and playing the music for Unity Church in Gulf Shores at Papa Rocco's Pizza, every other Sunday
Please Check my schedule for listings.
Thanks so much for subscribing
John Lee Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment